At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa declined 0.01%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA Pref (SA: GOLL4 ), which rose 5.05% or 0.53 points to trade at 11.03 at the close. Companhia Brasileira deDistribuicao (SA: PCAR4 ) added 3.96% or 3.21 points to end at 84.20 and Cia Paranaense de Energia (SA: CPLE6 ) was up 3.80% or 0.81 points to 22.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cielo SA (SA: CIEL3 ), which lost 5.22% or 0.70 points to trade at 12.71 in late trade. MRV Engenharia e Participacoes SA (SA: MRVE3 ) declined 3.95% or 0.50 points to end at 12.15 and Usinas Siderurgicas de Minas Gerais (SA: USIM5 ) shed 2.75% or 0.23 points to 8.12.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 221 to 195 and 34 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was down 0.26% to 45.24.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.31% or 3.80 to $1212.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.93% or 0.66 to hit $70.11 a barrel, while the December US coffee C contract rose 3.04% or 2.93 to trade at $99.38 .
USD/BRL was down 1.29% to 4.0742, while EUR/BRL fell 0.38% to 4.7978.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.69% at 93.47.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.