At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa lost 0.04%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were CEMIG - Companhia Energetica Minas Gerais Pref (SA: CMIG4 ), which rose 4.41% or 0.30 points to trade at 7.10 at the close. Cia Paranaense de Energia (SA: CPLE6 ) added 3.49% or 0.85 points to end at 25.20 and Tim Participacoes SA (SA: TIMP3 ) was up 2.48% or 0.30 points to 12.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Localiza Rent a Car SA (SA: RENT3 ), which lost 66.69% or 41.73 points to trade at 20.84 in late trade. EcoRodovias SA (SA: ECOR3 ) declined 2.44% or 0.31 points to end at 12.39 and Cia de Saneamento Basico do Estado (SA: SBSP3 ) shed 1.92% or 0.65 points to 33.25.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 182 to 164 and 37 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was down 2.54% to 32.60.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.05% or 0.70 to $1291.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.88% or 0.51 to hit $58.53 a barrel, while the December US coffee C contract rose 0.32% or 0.40 to trade at $124.30 .
USD/BRL was down 0.09% to 3.2213, while EUR/BRL rose 0.18% to 3.8182.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.12% at 93.04.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.