Brazil shares lower at close of trade; Bovespa down 0.32%
Investing.com – Brazil equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Real Estate , Financials and Consumption sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa lost 0.32%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Suzano Papel e Celulose SA (SA: SUZB3 ), which rose 4.01% or 1.38 points to trade at 35.78 at the close. Klabin Unt (SA: KLBN11 ) added 2.88% or 0.60 points to end at 21.45 and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras SA (SA: ELET6 ) was up 3.36% or 0.81 points to 24.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RUMO Logistica Operadora Multimodal SA (SA: RAIL3 ), which lost 3.04% or 0.39 points to trade at 12.44 in late trade. IGUATEMI ON NM (SA: IGTA3 ) declined 2.91% or 1.12 points to end at 37.32 and Viavarejo Unt (SA: VVAR11 ) shed 2.94% or 0.88 points to 29.05.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 215 to 177 and 29 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was up 1.62% to 33.96 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.03% or 0.40 to $1336.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.06% or 0.04 to hit $63.55 a barrel, while the May US coffee C contract rose 0.21% or 0.25 to trade at $116.92 .
USD/BRL was down 0.11% to 3.3380, while EUR/BRL fell 0.05% to 4.0987.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 89.80.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or