Brazil shares lower at close of trade; Bovespa down 0.51%
Investing.com – Brazil equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Real Estate , Industrials and Consumption sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa declined 0.51%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Qualicorp SA (SA: QUAL3 ), which rose 5.42% or 1.26 points to trade at 24.49 at the close. Suzano Papel e Celulose SA (SA: SUZB3 ) added 3.63% or 1.37 points to end at 39.07 and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras SA (SA: ELET6 ) was up 3.23% or 0.69 points to 22.03 in late trade.
Biggest losers included WEG SA (SA: WEGE3 ), which lost 24.70% or 5.61 points to trade at 17.10 in late trade. Braskem SA (SA: BRKM5 ) declined 3.77% or 1.77 points to end at 45.23 and Kroton Educacional SA (SA: KROT3 ) shed 3.38% or 0.49 points to 14.01.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 246 to 215 and 32 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was up 9.41% to 30.24.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.65% or 8.60 to $1324.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.49% or 0.33 to hit $68.03 a barrel, while the July US coffee C contract fell 1.20% or 1.45 to trade at $118.97 .
USD/BRL was up 0.37% to 3.4852, while EUR/BRL fell 0.11% to 4.2409.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.49% at 91.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or