At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa lost 1.10%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Petroleo Brasileiro SA PN (SA: PETR4 ), which rose 3.18% or 0.51 points to trade at 16.55 at the close. Petroleo Brasileiro SA (SA: PETR3 ) added 2.70% or 0.50 points to end at 19.02 and Cielo SA (SA: CIEL3 ) was up 2.10% or 0.33 points to 16.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Lojas Renner SA (SA: LREN3 ), which lost 5.07% or 1.48 points to trade at 27.72 in late trade. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras SA (SA: ELET6 ) declined 5.05% or 0.73 points to end at 13.72 and Ultrapar Participacoes SA (SA: UGPA3 ) shed 4.62% or 2.14 points to 44.20.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 211 to 162 and 31 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was up 6.08% to 35.60.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.44% or 5.50 to $1254.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 2.62% or 1.85 to hit $72.38 a barrel, while the September US coffee C contract fell 0.25% or 0.29 to trade at $117.38 .
USD/BRL was up 1.83% to 3.8718, while EUR/BRL rose 0.94% to 4.4711.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.68% at 95.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.