At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa declined 2.39%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Cvc Brasil ON (SA: CVCB3 ), which rose 0.53% or 0.30 points to trade at 56.80 at the close. Telefonica Brasil SA (SA: VIVT4 ) added 0.05% or 0.02 points to end at 43.83 and Klabin Unt (SA: KLBN11 ) was unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 points to 18.38 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cielo SA (SA: CIEL3 ), which lost 9.58% or 1.17 points to trade at 11.04 in late trade. Estacio Participacoes SA (SA: ESTC3 ) declined 8.42% or 1.91 points to end at 20.78 and BRF SA (SA: BRFS3 ) shed 5.58% or 1.24 points to 21.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 269 to 136 and 34 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was up 1.70% to 39.38.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.16% or 2.00 to $1224.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.67% or 1.03 to hit $60.64 a barrel, while the December US coffee C contract rose 0.87% or 1.00 to trade at $116.60 .
USD/BRL was up 0.72% to 3.7579, while EUR/BRL rose 0.15% to 4.2694.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.71% at 96.49.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.