Brazil shares lower at close of trade; Bovespa down 2.68%
Investing.com – Brazil equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Real Estate , Public Utilities and Financials sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa declined 2.68%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Suzano Papel e Celulose SA (SA: SUZB3 ), which rose 2.22% or 0.91 points to trade at 41.91 at the close. Fibria Celulose SA (SA: FIBR3 ) added 1.47% or 1.05 points to end at 72.40 and Embraer SA (SA: EMBR3 ) was up 1.39% or 0.26 points to 18.96 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA Pref (SA: GOLL4 ), which lost 10.92% or 1.62 points to trade at 13.21 in late trade. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras SA (SA: ELET3 ) declined 9.21% or 2.10 points to end at 20.71 and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras SA (SA: ELET6 ) shed 8.36% or 2.24 points to 24.55.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 350 to 130 and 30 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was up 13.13% to 51.01.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.48% or 5.70 to $1197.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 2.84% or 2.13 to hit $72.83 a barrel, while the December US coffee C contract fell 1.41% or 1.60 to trade at $111.70 .
USD/BRL was up 1.21% to 3.7575, while EUR/BRL rose 1.49% to 4.3304.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.18% at 95.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or