Brazil shares lower at close of trade; Bovespa down 0.37%
Investing.com – Brazil equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Basic Materials , Public Utilities and Industrials sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa fell 0.37%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Cyrela Brazil Realty SA (SA: CYRE3 ), which rose 3.58% or 0.41 points to trade at 11.85 at the close. Klabin Unt (SA: KLBN11 ) added 1.88% or 0.31 points to end at 16.79 and Companhia Brasileira deDistribuicao (SA: PCAR4 ) was up 1.76% or 1.14 points to 66.03 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Metalurgica Gerdau SA (SA: GOAU4 ), which lost 4.48% or 0.25 points to trade at 5.33 in late trade. Vale SA (SA: VALE3 ) declined 3.95% or 1.18 points to end at 28.72 and Bradespar SA (SA: BRAP4 ) shed 3.74% or 0.82 points to 21.08.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 181 to 179 and 44 ended unchanged on the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was down 5.33% to 24.87 a new 52-week low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.08% or 1.05 to $1243.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.78% or 0.37 to hit $46.95 a barrel, while the September US coffee C contract fell 0.71% or 0.96 to trade at $134.92 .
USD/BRL was down 0.76% to 3.1245, while EUR/BRL rose 0.19% to 3.6345.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.61% at 94.06.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or