Brazil shares lower at close of trade; Bovespa down 0.43%
Investing.com – Brazil equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Financials , Real Estate and Consumption sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa lost 0.43%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Suzano Papel e Celulose SA (SA: SUZB5 ), which rose 5.83% or 0.73 points to trade at 13.26 at the close. Fibria Celulose SA (SA: FIBR3 ) added 5.71% or 1.56 points to end at 28.87 and EcoRodovias SA (SA: ECOR3 ) was up 4.51% or 0.39 points to 9.04 in late trade.
Biggest losers included MRV Engenharia e Participacoes SA (SA: MRVE3 ), which lost 2.18% or 0.32 points to trade at 14.36 in late trade. Companhia Brasileira deDistribuicao (SA: PCAR4 ) declined 2.12% or 1.30 points to end at 60.10 and Banco Santander Brasil SA Unit (SA: SANB11 ) shed 1.92% or 0.54 points to 27.65.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 193 to 145 and 34 ended unchanged on the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was down 2.47% to 30.75.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.14% or 1.80 to $1246.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.81% or 0.41 to hit $50.76 a barrel, while the May US coffee C contract fell 0.33% or 0.46 to trade at $138.77 .
USD/BRL was down 0.83% to 3.1244, while EUR/BRL fell 0.87% to 3.3305.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 100.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or