March 16 (Reuters) - Bell Equipment Ltd BELJ.J :
* Group did not achieve its goal of delivering financially sustainable results in 2016
* Very modest profit of R39 million for 2016 represents a significant decline on previous year profit of R142 million
* FY revenue 6.002 billion ranv versus 5.901 billion rand year ago
* FY diluted headline earnings per share 39 cents versus 138 censt year ago
* Board has initiated a programme to ensure that a successor will be in place when Gary Bell, current chief executive officer, elects to retire Source text for Eikon: ID:nJseP0040a Further company coverage: BELJ.J
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.