Dec 5 (Reuters) - eXtract Group Limited EXGJ.J
* JSE: Exg - Boteti Project Update
* Boteti has advised Eqstra Botswana of its intention to terminate opencast mining contract and to cease mining operations on 13 Dec
* Boteti further intends to withhold payment due to Eqstra Botswana for work performed in october and november
* Decision to withhold payments as a result of irreconcilable differences with regards to volumes mined
* Company categorically denies and refutes any allegations of improper conduct relating to performance of its contractual obligations
* Made all reasonable efforts to resolve issue in order to progress partnership in a mutually beneficial way
* Eqstra Botswana will seek to recoup its damages, in terms of contract, which was to endure to December 2020
* Discussions are ongoing to minimise job losses in Botswana
* Contract value for Eqstra Botswana is approximately r500 million per annum of revenue and contributed r8.5 million profit after taxation per annum Source text for Eikon: ID:nJseE0006a Further company coverage: EXGJ.J
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.