July 1 (Reuters) - Hudaco Industries Ltd
* Basic and headline earnings per share down 13.9 pct to 472
cents per share for the six months ended May 31 2016
* Turnover down 1.6 pct to 2.5 bln rand for the six months
ended May 31 2016
* Operating profit down 15.8 pct to 246 mln rand for the six
months ended May 31 2016
* Net cash generated from operating activities 172 mln rand
for the six months ended May 31 2016
* "South Africa, right now, is a difficult place to do
* "We expect that trading conditions in second half of 2016
will be much same"
* "Consumer spending will probably remain under pressure as
economy continues to struggle"
* "Three of sectors we serve: mining, manufacturing and
agriculture, are likely to stay depressed until such time as
commodity prices increase and drought is broken."
Source text for Eikon:
Further company coverage: HDCJ.J
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.