May 2 (Reuters) - Pan African Resources PLC PAFR.L :
* FINALISATION OF EVANDER MINES RESTRUCTURE AND OPERATIONAL UPDATE
* HAS CONCLUDED CONSULTATION PROCESS WITH RELEVANT EVANDER MINES' STAKEHOLDERS AS DETERMINED BY SECTION 189 PROCESS
* SECTION 189 PROCESS WAS INITIATED FOLLOWING CONTINUED OPERATIONAL LOSSES, WHICH HAVE BEEN EXACERBATED BY PREVAILING WEAK RAND GOLD PRICE
* PAN AFRICAN RESOURCES - OUTCOME OF THIS PROCESS IS CURRENT UNDERGROUND MINING AT EVANDER 8 SHAFT WILL CEASE AND AFFECTED EMPLOYEES WILL BE RETRENCHED
* PAN AFRICAN RESOURCES - CESSATION OF EXISTING UNDERGROUND OPERATIONS AT EVANDER MINES TO RESULT IN ABOUT 1,700 EMPLOYEES BEING RETRENCHED BY END OF MAY
* IS ALSO IN PROCESS OF FINALISING AN ADDITIONAL STANDBY FACILITY OF APPROXIMATELY R100 MILLION.
* PAN AFRICAN RESOURCES - RETRENCHMENT OF 1,700 EMPLOYEES AT A COST OF APPROXIMATELY R160 MILLION THAT WILL BE FUNDED FROM GROUP'S EXISTING DEBT FACILITIES
* PAN AFRICAN RESOURCES - BARBERTON MINES IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE 50,000OZ OF GOLD IN SECOND HALF OF 2018 FINANCIAL YEAR, UP 23 PCT RELATIVE TO FIRST HALF
* CONSTRUCTION OF ELIKHULU REMAINS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE, WITH FIRST GOLD PRODUCTION EXPECTED IN AUGUST 2018 AND FULL COMMISSIONING AT END OF SEPTEMBER 2018
* PAN AFRICAN RESOURCES - CONSTRUCTION OF REGRIND MILL AT BARBERTON TAILINGS RETREATMENT PLANT REMAINS ON SCHEDULE AND ON BUDGET
* CESSATION OF UNDERGROUND MINING AT EVANDER MINES' 8 SHAFT WILL ADVERSELY IMPACT GOLD PRODUCTION FOR YEAR
* REVISED PRODUCTION GUIDANCE FOR 2018 FINANCIAL YEAR IS EXPECTED TO BE BETWEEN 156,000OZ AND 158,000OZ
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.