At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite lost 0.32%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were Detour Gold Corporation (TO: DGC ), which rose 11.84% or 1.45 points to trade at 13.70 at the close. Aphria Inc (TO: APH ) added 7.97% or 0.830 points to end at 11.250 and Guyana Goldfields Inc . (TO: GUY ) was up 6.38% or 0.240 points to 4.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Norbord Inc (TO: OSB ), which lost 6.67% or 3.70 points to trade at 51.74 in late trade. Bombardier Inc (TO: BBDb ) declined 5.75% or 0.300 points to end at 4.920 and Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd (TO: KL ) shed 4.32% or 1.290 points to 28.590.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 576 to 472 and 150 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was down 1.01% to 13.67.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.02% or 0.30 to $1227.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.04% or 0.70 to hit $67.86 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.16% or 0.84 to trade at $73.00 a barrel.
CAD/USD was up 0.22% to 0.7593, while CAD/EUR rose 0.32% to 0.6522.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 94.84.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.