The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Shanghai Shenhua Holdings Co Ltd (SS: 600653 ), which rose 9.90% or 0.200 points to trade at 2.220 at the close. Guangdong Ellington Electronics Technology Co Ltd (SS: 603328 ) added 7.26% or 0.71 points to end at 10.49 and Inspur Software Co Ltd (SS: 600756 ) was up 6.63% or 1.010 points to 16.250 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Beijing Huaye Capital Holdings Co Ltd (SS: 600240 ), which lost 10.18% or 0.230 points to trade at 2.030 in late trade. Xinke Material (SS: 600255 ) declined 10.16% or 0.190 points to end at 1.680 and Xiamen XGMA Machinery Co Ltd (SS: 600815 ) shed 10.14% or 0.290 points to 2.570.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Beijing Lanxum Tech Co (SZ: 300010 ) which rose 8.69% to 7.13, Zhejiang Jinke Peroxides Co Ltd (SZ: 300459 ) which was up 6.87% to settle at 7.00 and JANUS Dongguan Precision Components Co Ltd (SZ: 300083 ) which gained 6.67% to close at 2.56.
The worst performers were Ourpalm (SZ: 300315 ) which was down 10.12% to 3.02 in late trade, United Electronics Co Ltd (SZ: 002642 ) which lost 10.05% to settle at 5.55 and Meisheng Cultural & Creative Corp Ltd (SZ: 002699 ) which was down 10.02% to 4.40 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1087 to 360 and 37 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was down 1.35% to 21.92.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.82% or 10.70 to $1320.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.55% or 0.30 to hit $54.53 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.71% or 0.44 to trade at $61.98 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.13% to 6.7027, while EUR/CNY rose 0.16% to 7.7148.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 94.905.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.