China shares higher at close of trade; Shanghai Composite up 0.41%
Investing.com – China equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Technology Hardware & Equipment , Real Estate Investments & Services and Technology sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite rose 0.41% to hit a new 1-month high, while the SZSE Component index added 0.75%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Zhejiang Shenghua Biok Biology Co Ltd (SS: 600226 ), which rose 10.12% or 0.340 points to trade at 3.700 at the close. Ningbo Yunsheng Co Ltd (SS: 600366 ) added 10.09% or 0.570 points to end at 6.220 and Shang Gong Group Co Ltd B (SS: 900924 ) was up 10.06% or 0.067 points to 0.733 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sichuan Minjiang Hydropower Co Ltd (SS: 600131 ), which lost 10.02% or 1.200 points to trade at 10.780 in late trade. Hua Xin Cement (SS: 900933 ) declined 7.28% or 0.139 points to end at 1.770 and Shanghai Yahong Moulding Co Ltd (SS: 603159 ) shed 3.91% or 0.810 points to 19.880.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Sichuan Shuangma Cement Co Ltd (SZ: 000935 ) which rose 10.02% to 18.12, GuangDong Huasheng Electrical Appliances Co Ltd (SZ: 002670 ) which was up 10.01% to settle at 11.32 and Do-Fluoride Chemicals Co Ltd (SZ: 002407 ) which gained 9.97% to close at 11.80.
The worst performers were Vtron Technologies Ltd (SZ: 002308 ) which was down 10.05% to 5.280 in late trade, Jiangsu Shagang Co Ltd (SZ: 002075 ) which lost 10.01% to settle at 14.48 and Zhonghong Holding Co Ltd (SZ: 000979 ) which was down 9.46% to 0.67 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 952 to 438 and 83 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 31.99.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.42% or 17.00 to $1216.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.81% or 0.46 to hit $56.92 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.02% or 0.68 to trade at $67.30 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.03% to 6.9414, while EUR/CNY rose 0.26% to 7.8802.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 96.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or