China shares higher at close of trade; Shanghai Composite up 1.30%
Investing.com – China equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Software & Computer Services , Technology and Technology Hardware & Equipment sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite gained 1.30% to hit a new 1-month high, while the SZSE Component index unchanged 0%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were EGing Photovoltaic Technology Co Ltd (SS: 600537 ), which rose 10.17% or 0.300 points to trade at 3.250 at the close. Beijing Jingyuntong Technology Co Ltd (SS: 601908 ) added 10.06% or 0.330 points to end at 3.610 and Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics Technology Co Ltd (SS: 600584 ) was up 10.01% or 0.890 points to 9.780 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Baocheng Inves (SS: 600892 ), which lost 10.01% or 0.710 points to trade at 6.380 in late trade. Y.U.D. Yangtze River Investment Industry Co Ltd (SS: 600119 ) declined 9.93% or 0.600 points to end at 5.440 and Anhui Quanchai Engine Co Ltd (SS: 600218 ) shed 8.35% or 0.680 points to 7.460.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Huizhou Desay SV Automotive Co Ltd Class A (SZ: 002920 ) which unchanged 0% to 21.45, Aerospace Hi-Tech Holding Group Co Ltd (SZ: 000901 ) which was unchanged 0% to settle at 10.04 and Angang Steel Co Ltd Class A (SZ: 000898 ) which unchanged 0% to close at 5.25.
The worst performers were Huizhou Desay SV Automotive Co Ltd Class A (SZ: 002920 ) which was unchanged 0% to 21.45 in late trade, Aerospace Hi-Tech Holding Group Co Ltd (SZ: 000901 ) which unchanged 0% to settle at 10.04 and Angang Steel Co Ltd Class A (SZ: 000898 ) which was unchanged 0% to 5.25 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 0 to 0 on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 21.42.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.43% or 5.65 to $1308.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.54% or 0.29 to hit $53.72 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.53% or 0.33 to trade at $62.36 a barrel.
USD/CNY was unchanged 0.00% to 6.7448, while EUR/CNY rose 0.02% to 7.6614.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 96.213.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or