China shares higher at close of trade; Shanghai Composite up 1.36%
Investing.com – China equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Life Insurance , Technology Hardware & Equipment and Technology sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite rose 1.36%, while the SZSE Component index added 1.86%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Ningbo Haitian Precision Machinery Co Ltd (SS: 601882 ), which rose 10.07% or 0.760 points to trade at 8.310 at the close. Pengqi Technology Development Co Ltd A (SS: 600614 ) added 10.07% or 0.590 points to end at 6.450 and Pengqi Technology Development Co Ltd B (SS: 900907 ) was up 10.05% or 0.044 points to 0.482 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Zhongchangmari (SS: 600242 ), which lost 9.99% or 1.650 points to trade at 14.870 in late trade. Wintime Energy Co Ltd (SS: 600157 ) declined 7.33% or 0.140 points to end at 1.770 and GuangDong Super Telecom Co Ltd (SS: 603322 ) shed 6.40% or 2.240 points to 32.760.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Suzhou Victory Precision Manufacture Co Ltd (SZ: 002426 ) which rose 10.15% to 2.93, Hainan RuiZe New Building Material Co Ltd (SZ: 002596 ) which was up 10.06% to settle at 7.00 and Hytera Communications Corp Ltd (SZ: 002583 ) which gained 10.06% to close at 9.19.
The worst performers were Jiangsu Kangde Xin Composite Material Co Ltd (SZ: 002450 ) which was down 10.03% to 6.46 in late trade, Shenwu Environmental Tech (SZ: 300156 ) which lost 5.59% to settle at 3.55 and Zhongshan Broad-Ocean Motor Co Ltd (SZ: 002249 ) which was down 4.28% to 4.25 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1176 to 226 and 79 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was up 3.61% to 22.08.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.05% or 0.65 to $1290.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.31% or 0.66 to hit $51.17 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.14% or 0.67 to trade at $59.66 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.23% to 6.7524, while EUR/CNY fell 0.16% to 7.7514.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 95.172.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or