Investing.com – China equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Oil Equipment Services & Distribution , Gas, Water & Multiutilities and Technology Hardware & Equipment sectors propelled shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Beijing Hualian Hypermarket Co Ltd (SS: 600361 ), which rose 10.07% or 0.410 points to trade at 4.480 at the close. Nanning Department Store Co Ltd (SS: 600712 ) added 10.05% or 0.380 points to end at 4.160 and Anhui Quanchai Engine Co Ltd (SS: 600218 ) was up 9.97% or 0.910 points to 10.040 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gansu Ronghua Industry Group Co Ltd (SS: 600311 ), which lost 10.09% or 0.350 points to trade at 3.120 in late trade. Zhejiang Feida Environmental Science & Technology Co Ltd (SS: 600526 ) declined 10.07% or 0.430 points to end at 3.840 and Shanghai Xinhua Media Co Ltd (SS: 600825 ) shed 10.07% or 0.590 points to 5.270.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Tianjin Zhonghuan Semiconductor Co Ltd (SZ: 002129 ) which rose 9.99% to 8.15, Henan Senyuan Electric Co Ltd (SZ: 002358 ) which was up 9.99% to settle at 18.50 and Shenzhen Deren Electronic Co Ltd (SZ: 002055 ) which gained 9.97% to close at 11.47.
The worst performers were Shenzhen Tatfook Tech (SZ: 300134 ) which was down 10.02% to 9.34 in late trade, Suzhou Dongshan Precision Manufacturing Co Ltd (SZ: 002384 ) which lost 8.83% to settle at 9.50 and Zhongtian Urban Development Group Co Ltd (SZ: 000540 ) which was down 8.78% to 3.22 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1152 to 301 and 31 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 22.21.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.23% or 3.05 to $1306.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.37% or 0.19 to hit $52.18 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.27% or 0.16 to trade at $59.97 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.13% to 6.7351, while EUR/CNY rose 0.01% to 7.7054.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 95.368.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.