China shares lower at close of trade; Shanghai Composite down 0.17%
Investing.com – China equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Real Estate Investments & Services , Software & Computer Services and Technology sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite lost 0.17%, while the SZSE Component index declined 0.68%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Hunan Corun New Energy Co Ltd (SS: 600478 ), which rose 10.04% or 0.450 points to trade at 4.930 at the close. Nancal Energy-Saving Technology Co Ltd (SS: 603859 ) added 10.02% or 1.700 points to end at 18.670 and Huali Industries Co Ltd (SS: 603038 ) was up 9.98% or 1.87 points to 20.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hainan HNA Infrastructure Investment Group Co Ltd (SS: 600515 ), which lost 9.96% or 1.000 points to trade at 9.040 in late trade. Shanghai Xintonglian Packaging Co Ltd (SS: 603022 ) declined 5.21% or 0.500 points to end at 9.100 and PNC Process Systems Co Ltd (SS: 603690 ) shed 5.17% or 1.20 points to 22.00.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Guangdong Eastone Century Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 300310 ) which rose 10.04% to 5.81, Shanxi Meijin Energy Co Ltd (SZ: 000723 ) which was up 9.97% to settle at 4.19 and Shenzhen Jiawei Photovoltaic Lighting Co Ltd (SZ: 300317 ) which gained 9.95% to close at 6.41.
The worst performers were Harbin Gloria Pharmaceuticals (SZ: 002437 ) which was down 10.05% to 5.01 in late trade, Jiuzhitang Co Ltd (SZ: 000989 ) which lost 4.73% to settle at 13.48 and Zhejiang Sanhua Co Ltd (SZ: 002050 ) which was down 4.45% to 13.52 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 685 to 655 and 90 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 22.77.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.18% or 2.20 to $1201.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.89% or 0.60 to hit $67.80 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.85% or 0.62 to trade at $73.23 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.08% to 6.8849, while EUR/CNY fell 0.03% to 7.8592.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 96.12.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or