China shares lower at close of trade; Shanghai Composite down 0.31%
Investing.com – China equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Technology Hardware & Equipment , Travel & Leisure and Technology sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite fell 0.31%, while the SZSE Component index lost 0.64%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were China Science Publishing & Media Ltd (SS: 601858 ), which rose 10.05% or 0.83 points to trade at 9.09 at the close. QuMei Home Furnishings Group Co Ltd (SS: 603818 ) added 10.03% or 0.800 points to end at 8.780 and SJEC Corp (SS: 601360 ) was up 10.00% or 2.350 points to 25.840 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Shanghai Shibei Hi-Tech Co Ltd A (SS: 600604 ), which lost 9.21% or 0.43 points to trade at 4.24 in late trade. Shenzhen Geoway Co Ltd (SS: 600462 ) declined 6.07% or 0.170 points to end at 2.630 and Shandong Huapeng Glass Co Ltd (SS: 603021 ) shed 5.63% or 0.430 points to 7.210.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Zhonghong Holding Co Ltd (SZ: 000979 ) which rose 10.34% to 0.96, Zhejiang Longsheng Auto Parts Co Ltd (SZ: 002625 ) which was up 10.02% to settle at 10.32 and Qinghai Salt Lake Industry Co Ltd (SZ: 000792 ) which gained 9.99% to close at 8.15.
The worst performers were Hongda Xingye Co Ltd (SZ: 002002 ) which was down 10.09% to 3.03 in late trade, Hedy Holding Co Ltd (SZ: 002027 ) which lost 9.23% to settle at 8.56 and JPMF Guangdong Co Ltd (SZ: 002600 ) which was down 7.67% to 2.89 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 993 to 385 and 67 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was down 5.14% to 21.22.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.31% or 3.80 to $1210.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.07% or 0.05 to hit $68.48 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.12% or 0.09 to trade at $76.20 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.24% to 6.8195, while EUR/CNY rose 0.12% to 7.9656.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 94.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or