The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Starlake Bioscience Co Inc Zhaoqing Guangdong (SS: 600866 ), which rose 10.11% or 0.440 points to trade at 4.790 at the close. Founder Technology Group Co Ltd (SS: 600601 ) added 10.06% or 0.310 points to end at 3.390 and Ningbo Zhongbai Co Ltd (SS: 600857 ) was up 10.03% or 1.060 points to 11.630 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hunan Baili Engineering Sci & Tech Co Ltd (SS: 603959 ), which lost 10.00% or 3.260 points to trade at 29.330 in late trade. Ningbo Peacebird Fashion Co Ltd (SS: 603877 ) declined 9.06% or 2.73 points to end at 27.40 and Xiamen Overseas Chinese Electronic Co Ltd (SS: 600870 ) shed 6.75% or 0.400 points to 5.530.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Hangzhou New Century Info Tech (SZ: 002280 ) which rose 10.06% to 7.00, Lepu Medical Tech Beijing (SZ: 300003 ) which was up 10.01% to settle at 36.81 and Digital China Information Service Co Ltd (SZ: 000555 ) which gained 10.00% to close at 15.84.
The worst performers were Cefc Anhui International Holding Co Ltd (SZ: 002018 ) which was down 10.02% to 4.85 in late trade, Zhejiang Wanfeng Auto Wheel Co Ltd (SZ: 002085 ) which lost 9.25% to settle at 9.12 and Hunan China Sun Pharma Machinery (SZ: 300216 ) which was down 8.83% to 8.36 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 672 to 648 and 48 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was up 4.09% to 23.39.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.53% or 7.10 to $1325.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $67.72 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.12% or 0.09 to trade at $73.95 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.09% to 6.3112, while EUR/CNY fell 0.19% to 7.6989.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.30% at 90.83.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.