China shares lower at close of trade; Shanghai Composite down 0.42%
Investing.com – China equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Software & Computer Services , Technology and Technology Hardware & Equipment sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite fell 0.42%, while the SZSE Component index lost 0.93%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Wintime Energy Co Ltd (SS: 600157 ), which rose 10.26% or 0.200 points to trade at 2.150 at the close. Hongda (SS: 600331 ) added 10.14% or 0.220 points to end at 2.390 and Fangxing Sci (SS: 600552 ) was up 10.08% or 0.400 points to 4.370 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Leysen Jewellery Inc (SS: 603900 ), which lost 9.92% or 1.400 points to trade at 12.720 in late trade. DELIXI XINJIANG Transportation Co Ltd (SS: 603032 ) declined 6.33% or 1.84 points to end at 27.21 and Zhejiang Huatie Construction Safety Science and Technology Co Ltd (SS: 603300 ) shed 6.10% or 0.320 points to 4.930.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Shaanxi J&R Fire Protection Co Ltd (SZ: 300116 ) which rose 10.27% to 1.61, Tianguang Fire-Fighting Co Ltd (SZ: 002509 ) which was up 10.12% to settle at 2.72 and Yinji Entertainment Media Co Ltd (SZ: 002143 ) which gained 10.09% to close at 3.60.
The worst performers were Beijing SuperMap Software Co Ltd (SZ: 300036 ) which was down 5.72% to 15.32 in late trade, Dongxu Optoelectronic Tech (SZ: 000413 ) which lost 5.34% to settle at 4.61 and Yealink Network Technology Corp Ltd (SZ: 300628 ) which was down 4.70% to 73.55 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1076 to 347 and 59 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 21.75.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.19% or 2.45 to $1291.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.67% or 0.35 to hit $51.96 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.55% or 0.34 to trade at $60.98 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.25% to 6.7698, while EUR/CNY rose 0.06% to 7.7011.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 95.875.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or