Investing.com – China equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Oil Equipment Services & Distribution , Technology Hardware & Equipment and Gas, Water & Multiutilities sectors propelled shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Shandong Swan Cotton Industrial Machinery Stock Co Ltd (SS: 603029 ), which rose 10.03% or 1.440 points to trade at 15.790 at the close. Xinjiang Baihuacun Co Ltd (SS: 600721 ) added 10.03% or 0.580 points to end at 6.360 and Shanghai Hongda Mining Co Ltd (SS: 600532 ) was up 10.03% or 0.360 points to 3.950 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tianjin Tianhai Investment Co Ltd A (SS: 600751 ), which lost 10.08% or 0.530 points to trade at 4.730 in late trade. Shandong Binzhou Bohai Piston Co Ltd (SS: 600960 ) declined 10.02% or 0.660 points to end at 5.930 and A-Zenith Home Furnishings Co Ltd (SS: 603389 ) shed 10.02% or 1.250 points to 11.220.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Hualan Biological EngineeringInc (SZ: 002007 ) which rose 7.35% to 37.67, Wonders Information (SZ: 300168 ) which was up 5.33% to settle at 19.38 and Fujian Sunner Development Co Ltd (SZ: 002299 ) which gained 5.30% to close at 16.50.
The worst performers were Kyland Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 300353 ) which was down 9.89% to 10.20 in late trade, Enjoyor (SZ: 300020 ) which lost 9.79% to settle at 7.19 and Yinji Entertainment Media Co Ltd (SZ: 002143 ) which was down 9.33% to 3.40 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1178 to 234 and 42 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 22.57.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.09% or 1.10 to $1200.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.27% or 0.91 to hit $72.48 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.13% or 0.91 to trade at $81.70 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.05% to 6.8754, while EUR/CNY fell 0.34% to 8.0504.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.29% at 94.15.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.