The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Aurora Optoelectronics Co Ltd (SS: 600666 ), which rose 10.08% or 0.390 points to trade at 4.260 at the close. Nanjing Chemical Fibre Co Ltd (SS: 600889 ) added 10.04% or 0.520 points to end at 5.700 and China Sports Industry Group Co Ltd (SS: 600158 ) was up 10.04% or 1.100 points to 12.060 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Henan Oriental Silver Star Investment Co Ltd (SS: 600753 ), which lost 10.00% or 2.60 points to trade at 23.41 in late trade. Anji Foodstuff Co Ltd (SS: 603696 ) declined 10.00% or 1.850 points to end at 16.650 and Ningxia Xinri Hengli Steel Wire Rope Co Ltd (SS: 600165 ) shed 9.99% or 0.710 points to 6.400.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Beijing Easpring Material Tech (SZ: 300073 ) which rose 10.01% to 34.61, Shenzhen Tatfook Tech (SZ: 300134 ) which was up 9.99% to settle at 10.68 and ZTE Corp (SZ: 000063 ) which gained 9.99% to close at 17.06.
The worst performers were BGI Genomics Co Ltd (SZ: 300676 ) which was down 10.00% to 83.07 in late trade, JPMF Guangdong Co Ltd (SZ: 002600 ) which lost 9.96% to settle at 4.34 and Yinji Entertainment Media Co Ltd (SZ: 002143 ) which was down 9.95% to 5.79 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 676 to 660 and 83 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 22.26.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.26% or 3.20 to $1242.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.06% or 0.04 to hit $67.03 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.04% or 0.03 to trade at $71.87 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.12% to 6.6824, while EUR/CNY rose 0.02% to 7.8380.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.12% at 94.16.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.