Investing.com – China equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Oil Equipment Services & Distribution , Technology Hardware & Equipment and Technology sectors propelled shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Tianjin Quanyechang Group Co Ltd (SS: 600821 ), which rose 10.10% or 0.500 points to trade at 5.450 at the close. ZhongTongGuoMai Communication Co Ltd (SS: 603559 ) added 10.00% or 2.040 points to end at 22.450 and Jiangsu Jiangnan High Polymer Fiber Co Ltd (SS: 600527 ) was up 10.00% or 0.240 points to 2.640 in late trade.
Biggest losers included China Resources Double-Crane Pharmaceutical Co Ltd (SS: 600062 ), which lost 17.03% or 3.70 points to trade at 18.03 in late trade. ButOne Information Corp XiAn (SS: 600455 ) declined 10.00% or 2.670 points to end at 24.030 and Shangying Global Co Ltd (SS: 600146 ) shed 10.00% or 2.00 points to 18.00.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Western Securities Co Ltd (SZ: 002673 ) which rose 6.78% to 7.72, Shenzhen Worldunion Properties Consultancy Inc (SZ: 002285 ) which was up 5.48% to settle at 6.55 and Beijing Sinnet Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 300383 ) which gained 4.66% to close at 15.26.
The worst performers were Searainbow Holding Corp (SZ: 000503 ) which was down 10.00% to 20.25 in late trade, Henan Shuanghui Investment & Development Co Ltd (SZ: 000895 ) which lost 10.00% to settle at 22.41 and Harbin Gloria Pharmaceuticals (SZ: 002437 ) which was down 8.70% to 4.20 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1055 to 325 and 54 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was up 17.94% to 26.17 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.08% or 1.00 to $1184.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $65.03 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.38% or 0.27 to trade at $71.03 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.39% to 6.9075, while EUR/CNY fell 0.24% to 7.8514.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 96.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.