China shares lower at close of trade; Shanghai Composite down 0.71%
Investing.com – China equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Technology Hardware & Equipment , Technology and Life Insurance sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite fell 0.71%, while the SZSE Component index fell 1.18%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Lotus Health Group Co (SS: 600186 ), which rose 10.24% or 0.210 points to trade at 2.260 at the close. Heilongjiang Interchina Water Treatment Co Ltd (SS: 600187 ) added 10.10% or 0.300 points to end at 3.270 and Tianjin Quanyechang Group Co Ltd (SS: 600821 ) was up 10.09% or 0.430 points to 4.690 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Great-Sun Foods Co Ltd (SS: 603336 ), which lost 9.93% or 2.960 points to trade at 26.850 in late trade. Shanghai Hile Bio Technology Co Ltd (SS: 603718 ) declined 8.90% or 1.200 points to end at 12.290 and BanBao Co Ltd (SS: 603398 ) shed 6.43% or 1.180 points to 17.180.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Shaanxi J&R Fire Protection Co Ltd (SZ: 300116 ) which rose 10.04% to 2.52, Yinji Entertainment Media Co Ltd (SZ: 002143 ) which was up 9.94% to settle at 5.97 and Anhui Shengyun Environment-Protection Group Co Ltd (SZ: 300090 ) which gained 9.89% to close at 4.11.
The worst performers were Beijing SuperMap Software Co Ltd (SZ: 300036 ) which was down 8.65% to 22.06 in late trade, Suzhou Anjie Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 002635 ) which lost 6.75% to settle at 18.80 and Giant Network Group Co Ltd (SZ: 002558 ) which was down 6.12% to 19.48 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 728 to 648 and 46 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 22.00.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.37% or 4.50 to $1227.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.29% or 0.20 to hit $69.50 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.99% or 0.73 to trade at $74.66 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.20% to 6.7832, while EUR/CNY rose 0.18% to 7.9554.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 93.97.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or