China shares lower at close of trade; Shanghai Composite down 0.72%
Investing.com – China equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Software & Computer Services , Media and Technology sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite lost 0.72%, while the SZSE Component index declined 1.07%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Beijing Jingyuntong Technology Co Ltd (SS: 601908 ), which rose 10.12% or 0.330 points to trade at 3.590 at the close. Hainan Mining Co Ltd (SS: 601969 ) added 10.07% or 0.42 points to end at 4.59 and Bomin Electronics Co Ltd (SS: 603936 ) was up 10.04% or 1.430 points to 15.680 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Xining Special Steel Co Ltd (SS: 600117 ), which lost 10.11% or 0.360 points to trade at 3.200 in late trade. Hunan Tyen Machinery Co Ltd A (SS: 600698 ) declined 10.10% or 0.390 points to end at 3.470 and Beijing Bashi Media Co Ltd (SS: 600386 ) shed 10.09% or 0.470 points to 4.190.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Suzhou Dongshan Precision Manufacturing Co Ltd (SZ: 002384 ) which rose 10.00% to 10.45, Zhejiang Jingsheng Mech Electric (SZ: 300316 ) which was up 9.97% to settle at 10.48 and Chinascholars Group Co Ltd (SZ: 000547 ) which gained 7.12% to close at 9.63.
The worst performers were Guangdong Homa Appliances Co Ltd (SZ: 002668 ) which was down 10.10% to 3.56 in late trade, Tatwah Smartech Co Ltd (SZ: 002512 ) which lost 10.09% to settle at 3.83 and Shenzhen Ysstech Info-Tech Co Ltd (SZ: 300377 ) which was down 10.01% to 9.71 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1153 to 284 and 48 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 22.22.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.30% or 3.95 to $1312.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.08% or 0.04 to hit $53.27 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.02% or 0.01 to trade at $61.19 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.26% to 6.7130, while EUR/CNY fell 0.25% to 7.6739.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 95.510.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or