China shares lower at close of trade; Shanghai Composite down 0.85%
Investing.com – China equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Software & Computer Services , Technology and Media sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite fell 0.85% to hit a new 3-year low, while the SZSE Component index fell 1.95%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Shanghai Laimu Electronics Co Ltd (SS: 603633 ), which rose 10.04% or 1.020 points to trade at 11.180 at the close. YanTai Yuancheng Gold Co Ltd (SS: 600766 ) added 10.02% or 0.590 points to end at 6.480 and Bomin Electronics Co Ltd (SS: 603936 ) was up 10.00% or 1.390 points to 15.290 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Shanghai Hongda Mining Co Ltd (SS: 600532 ), which lost 10.06% or 0.490 points to trade at 4.380 in late trade. Joincare Pharmaceutical Group Industry Co Ltd (SS: 600380 ) declined 10.05% or 0.840 points to end at 7.520 and Shanghai Material Trading Co Ltd A (SS: 600822 ) shed 10.02% or 1.050 points to 9.430.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Goldleaf Jewelry Co Ltd (SZ: 000587 ) which rose 10.13% to 2.50, Guangdong Golden Dragon Development Inc (SZ: 000712 ) which was up 9.88% to settle at 8.01 and Xingyuan Environment Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 300266 ) which gained 9.87% to close at 3.45.
The worst performers were Iflytek Co Ltd (SZ: 002230 ) which was down 10.02% to 20.30 in late trade, Da An Gene Co Ltd of Sun Yat-Sen University (SZ: 002030 ) which lost 10.01% to settle at 14.20 and Beijing Sinnet Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 300383 ) which was down 10.01% to 12.94 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1209 to 219 and 36 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was down 0.67% to 28.32.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.09% or 1.10 to $1231.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.39% or 0.28 to hit $71.50 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.36% or 0.29 to trade at $80.49 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.06% to 6.9209, while EUR/CNY rose 0.18% to 8.0237.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 94.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or