China shares lower at close of trade; Shanghai Composite down 1.23%
Investing.com – China equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Retailers , Software & Computer Services and Technology sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite fell 1.23%, while the SZSE Component index fell 2.02%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Xinjiang Talimu Agriculture Development Co Ltd (SS: 600359 ), which rose 10.04% or 0.510 points to trade at 5.590 at the close. Yunnan Bowin Technology Industry Co Ltd (SS: 600883 ) added 10.00% or 0.680 points to end at 7.480 and Shanghai Tianchen Co Ltd (SS: 600620 ) was up 10.00% or 0.610 points to 6.710 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Shandong Lukang Pharmaceutical Co Ltd (SS: 600789 ), which lost 10.01% or 1.190 points to trade at 10.700 in late trade. Anzheng Fashion Group Co Ltd (SS: 603839 ) declined 10.01% or 1.44 points to end at 12.94 and Anhui Sun Create Electronics Co Ltd (SS: 600990 ) shed 10.00% or 3.710 points to 33.400.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Talkweb Information System Co Ltd (SZ: 002261 ) which rose 10.06% to 5.580, Zhejiang Semir Garment Co Ltd (SZ: 002563 ) which was up 5.56% to settle at 11.21 and CCOOP Group Co Ltd (SZ: 000564 ) which gained 5.12% to close at 3.49.
The worst performers were China High-Speed Railway Technology (SZ: 000008 ) which was down 10.09% to 4.01 in late trade, Tonghua Golden-Horse Pharmaceutical Industry Co Ltd (SZ: 000766 ) which lost 10.02% to settle at 9.25 and Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products Co Ltd (SZ: 300601 ) which was down 10.00% to 37.16 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1108 to 280 and 40 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was down 4.25% to 21.38.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.34% or 4.20 to $1222.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.04% or 0.03 to hit $69.14 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.11% or 0.08 to trade at $74.57 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.24% to 6.8157, while EUR/CNY fell 0.09% to 7.9166.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 94.88.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or