Investing.com – China equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Media , Real Estate Investments & Services and Electricity sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Telecoms , Mobile and Technology Hardware & Equipment sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Wintime Energy Co Ltd (SS: 600157 ), which rose 10.17% or 0.180 points to trade at 1.950 at the close. Yunnan Coal & Energy Co Ltd (SS: 600792 ) added 10.16% or 0.310 points to end at 3.360 and Tianjin Quanyechang Group Co Ltd (SS: 600821 ) was up 10.07% or 0.420 points to 4.590 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sanan Optoelectronics Co Ltd (SS: 600703 ), which lost 10.00% or 1.160 points to trade at 10.440 in late trade. Zhongchangmari (SS: 600242 ) declined 9.89% or 1.470 points to end at 13.400 and Nancal Energy-Saving Technology Co Ltd (SS: 603859 ) shed 7.32% or 1.540 points to 19.490.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Yinji Entertainment Media Co Ltd (SZ: 002143 ) which rose 10.10% to 3.27, Shanxi Meijin Energy Co Ltd (SZ: 000723 ) which was up 10.08% to settle at 4.15 and Beijing Baofeng Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 300431 ) which gained 10.06% to close at 9.74.
The worst performers were CITIC Guoan Information Industry Co Ltd (SZ: 000839 ) which was down 8.59% to 3.30 in late trade, YOUZU Interactive Co Ltd (SZ: 002174 ) which lost 6.31% to settle at 18.100 and Shenzhen O-Film Tech Co Ltd (SZ: 002456 ) which was down 5.23% to 8.70 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 834 to 565 and 81 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 21.25 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.17% or 2.25 to $1290.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.17% or 0.09 to hit $52.20 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.28% or 0.17 to trade at $60.81 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.06% to 6.7638, while EUR/CNY fell 0.04% to 7.7103.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 95.627.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.