Investing.com – China equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Real Estate Investments & Services , Oil Equipment Services & Distribution and Financials sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Software & Computer Services , Gas, Water & Multiutilities and Technology sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Harbin Hatou Investment Co Ltd (SS: 600864 ), which rose 10.14% or 0.36 points to trade at 3.91 at the close. Duzhe Publishing & Media Co Ltd (SS: 603999 ) added 10.11% or 0.480 points to end at 5.230 and Danhua Chemical Technology Co Ltd A (SS: 600844 ) was up 10.11% or 0.380 points to 4.140 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tonghua Dongbao Pharmaceutical Co Ltd (SS: 600867 ), which lost 10.01% or 1.530 points to trade at 13.750 in late trade. DELIXI XINJIANG Transportation Co Ltd (SS: 603032 ) declined 9.93% or 2.66 points to end at 24.12 and Changchun Sinoenergy Corp (SS: 600856 ) shed 9.75% or 0.470 points to 4.350.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Sealand Securities Co Ltd (SZ: 000750 ) which rose 10.08% to 4.26, Chenzhou Jingui Silver Industry Co Ltd (SZ: 002716 ) which was up 10.08% to settle at 6.77 and Faw Car Co Ltd (SZ: 000800 ) which gained 9.96% to close at 6.18.
The worst performers were Meisheng Cultural & Creative Corp Ltd (SZ: 002699 ) which was down 9.98% to 5.68 in late trade, Inspur Electronic Info Industr (SZ: 000977 ) which lost 6.86% to settle at 17.640 and Guangzhou Haige Communications Group Incorporated Co (SZ: 002465 ) which was down 6.74% to 7.47 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 917 to 485 and 59 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 32.69 a new 6-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.48% or 5.90 to $1233.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.57% or 0.38 to hit $66.44 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.53% or 0.40 to trade at $75.77 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.06% to 6.9483, while EUR/CNY rose 0.17% to 7.9239.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 96.10.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.