China shares mixed at close of trade; Shanghai Composite up 0.17%
Investing.com – China equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Oil Equipment Services & Distribution , Life Insurance and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Software & Computer Services , Technology and Travel & Leisure sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite rose 0.17%, while the SZSE Component index lost 0.18%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Baotailong New Materials Co Ltd (SS: 601011 ), which rose 10.09% or 0.560 points to trade at 6.110 at the close. Qingdao Copton Technology Co Ltd (SS: 603798 ) added 10.03% or 1.030 points to end at 11.300 and DELIXI XINJIANG Transportation Co Ltd (SS: 603032 ) was up 10.02% or 2.21 points to 24.27 in late trade.
Biggest losers included CMST Development Co Ltd (SS: 600787 ), which lost 10.01% or 0.680 points to trade at 6.110 in late trade. Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd (SS: 600521 ) declined 10.00% or 1.970 points to end at 17.730 and Beijing Huaye Capital Holdings Co Ltd (SS: 600240 ) shed 9.98% or 0.490 points to 4.420.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Zhejiang Kaishan Compressor (SZ: 300257 ) which rose 10.02% to 10.98, Jilin Liyuan Precision Manufacturing Co Ltd (SZ: 002501 ) which was up 9.89% to settle at 4.00 and Luxshare Precision Industry Co Ltd (SZ: 002475 ) which gained 5.81% to close at 14.93.
The worst performers were Wuxi Lead Auto Equipment Co Ltd (SZ: 300450 ) which was down 9.53% to 23.07 in late trade, Sichuan Maker Biotechnology Co Ltd (SZ: 300463 ) which lost 9.46% to settle at 19.05 and Glodon Software Co Ltd (SZ: 002410 ) which was down 9.20% to 23.70 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 810 to 538 and 110 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 25.56 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.35% or 4.20 to $1192.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.61% or 0.45 to hit $74.74 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.64% or 0.54 to trade at $84.45 a barrel.
USD/CNY was down 0.11% to 6.9229, while EUR/CNY fell 0.26% to 7.9430.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 95.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or