Investing.com – China equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Oil Equipment Services & Distribution , Banking and Financials sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Telecoms , Mobile and Technology Hardware & Equipment sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Wuhan East Lake High Technology Group Co Ltd (SS: 600133 ), which rose 10.08% or 0.510 points to trade at 5.570 at the close. Shenzhen Kingdom SCI Tech Co Ltd (SS: 600446 ) added 10.02% or 0.950 points to end at 10.430 and Zhejiang Tiancheng Controls Co Ltd (SS: 603085 ) was up 10.01% or 1.31 points to 14.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gangtai Holdin (SS: 600687 ), which lost 10.07% or 0.600 points to trade at 5.360 in late trade. CSSC Offshore & Marine Engineering Group Co Ltd (SS: 600685 ) declined 10.03% or 1.24 points to end at 11.12 and Korla Pear (SS: 600506 ) shed 10.02% or 1.320 points to 11.850.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Zhejiang IDC Fluid Control Co Ltd (SZ: 002468 ) which rose 7.36% to 15.89, Ping An Bank Co Ltd (SZ: 000001 ) which was up 7.16% to settle at 10.03 and Shenzhen Jiawei Photovoltaic Lighting Co Ltd (SZ: 300317 ) which gained 7.07% to close at 5.91.
The worst performers were Beijing Kunlun Tech Co Ltd (SZ: 300418 ) which was down 9.97% to 14.81 in late trade, Anhui Anke BioTech Group (SZ: 300009 ) which lost 8.87% to settle at 14.80 and Guangdong Eastone Century Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 300310 ) which was down 7.67% to 5.66 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 826 to 516 and 102 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was up 0.56% to 21.40.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.02% or 0.20 to $1194.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.71% or 0.48 to hit $68.31 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.67% or 0.50 to trade at $75.23 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.06% to 6.8823, while EUR/CNY rose 0.25% to 7.9588.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 95.45.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.