Investing.com – China equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Life Insurance , Media and Electricity sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Technology Hardware & Equipment , Technology and Gas, Water & Multiutilities sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Wuhan DDMC Culture Co Ltd (SS: 600136 ), which rose 10.03% or 1.55 points to trade at 17.00 at the close. Changshu Automotive Trim Co Ltd (SS: 603035 ) added 10.00% or 2.00 points to end at 22.01 and Dazhou Xingye Holding Co Ltd (SS: 600603 ) was up 10.00% or 0.860 points to 9.460 in late trade.
Biggest losers included FangDa Carbon New Material Co Ltd (SS: 600516 ), which lost 10.01% or 3.150 points to trade at 28.330 in late trade. ZhongTongGuoMai Communication Co Ltd (SS: 603559 ) declined 7.78% or 3.670 points to end at 43.500 and Shandong Bohui Paper Industry Co Ltd (SS: 600966 ) shed 7.26% or 0.520 points to 6.640.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Jiangxi Huangshanghuang Group Food Co Ltd (SZ: 002695 ) which rose 9.99% to 22.47, Sichuan Kelun Pharmaceutical Co Ltd (SZ: 002422 ) which was up 6.86% to settle at 19.15 and Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 002415 ) which gained 6.63% to close at 34.56.
The worst performers were Yunnan Aluminium Co Ltd (SZ: 000807 ) which was down 8.50% to 12.59 in late trade, Tongfang Guoxin Electronics Co Ltd (SZ: 002049 ) which lost 8.00% to settle at 33.92 and Suzhou Dongshan Precision Manufacturing Co Ltd (SZ: 002384 ) which was down 7.68% to 26.67 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 738 to 526 and 57 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was down 3.82% to 18.15.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.22% or 2.86 to $1290.94 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.26% or 0.13 to hit $51.05 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.11% or 0.06 to trade at $56.67 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.06% to 6.5783, while EUR/CNY rose 0.22% to 7.7804.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 93.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.