China shares mixed at close of trade; Shanghai Composite up 0.40%
Investing.com – China equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Travel & Leisure , Life Insurance and Oil Equipment Services & Distribution sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Software & Computer Services , Technology and Technology Hardware & Equipment sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Shanghai, the Shanghai Composite gained 0.40%, while the SZSE Component index lost 0.02%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Shanghai Composite were Ningxia Xinri Hengli Steel Wire Rope Co Ltd (SS: 600165 ), which rose 10.07% or 0.410 points to trade at 4.480 at the close. Zhejiang Tiancheng Controls Co Ltd (SS: 603085 ) added 10.03% or 1.29 points to end at 14.15 and Gangtai Holdin (SS: 600687 ) was up 10.03% or 0.400 points to 4.390 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nanjing Central Emporium Group Stocks Co Ltd (SS: 600280 ), which lost 9.97% or 0.610 points to trade at 5.510 in late trade. Dawning Information Industry Co Ltd (SS: 603019 ) declined 8.25% or 4.38 points to end at 48.74 and China National Software & Service Co Ltd (SS: 600536 ) shed 6.71% or 2.080 points to 28.920.
The top performers on the SZSE Component were Huawen Media Investment Corp (SZ: 000793 ) which rose 10.06% to 3.83, Yinji Entertainment Media Co Ltd (SZ: 002143 ) which was up 10.05% to settle at 4.27 and Xingyuan Environment Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 300266 ) which gained 9.97% to close at 3.97.
The worst performers were Shandong Qixing Iron Tower Co Ltd (SZ: 002359 ) which was down 9.96% to 12.02 in late trade, Beijing Shiji Information Technology Co Ltd (SZ: 002153 ) which lost 8.55% to settle at 34.98 and Beijing Sevenstar Electronics Co Ltd (SZ: 002371 ) which was down 7.80% to 50.80 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 849 to 481 and 113 ended unchanged on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
The CBOE China Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Shanghai Composite options, was unchanged 0.00% to 24.48.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.02% or 0.20 to $1204.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.27% or 0.18 to hit $67.95 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.22% or 0.17 to trade at $76.67 a barrel.
USD/CNY was up 0.05% to 6.8387, while EUR/CNY rose 0.19% to 7.9604.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 94.90.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or