(Adds Murray & Robert's; Updates Cisco and HNA Group Co)
Aug 2 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2115 GMT on Thursday:
** Chilean retailer Falabella FAL.SN said it had purchased Latin American e-commerce company Linio for $138 million, adding in a regulatory filing that it was seeking $800 million in financing to put toward the acquisition and other investments. Billionaire investor Carl Icahn has a sizable stake in health insurer Cigna (NYSE: CI ) CI.N and plans to vote against its planned $52 billion acquisition of pharmacy benefits manager Express Scripts ESRX.O , the Wall Street Journal reported. DIRTT Environmental Solutions Ltd DRT.TO confirmed it was no longer in deal talks after Reuters reported that the Canadian building-interior manufacturer had abandoned an effort to sell itself. China's HNA Group Co Ltd HNAIRC.UL has been looking to sell a minority stake in its aircraft leasing business Avolon Holdings Ltd and has reached out to some parties in the last couple of months, according to some industry sources. French bank Societe Generale SOGN.PA said it had agreed to sell its banks in Bulgaria and Albania to Hungary's OTP Bank OTPB.BU , as part of its strategy to reorganize its assets. Hungary's OTP Bank OTPB.BU is buying Societe Generale's SOGN.PA Bulgarian and Albanian businesses and analysts expect it to purchase the remaining Balkan units the French bank has put up for sale. Japanese advertising agency Dentsu Inc 4324.T said it has agreed to sell its stake in popular price comparison site kakaku.com Inc 2371.T to KDDI Corp 9433.T for 79.3 billion yen ($734.57 million). Anglo-German chip developer Dialog Semiconductor DLGS.DE is still open to acquisitions after breaking off talks with Synaptics SYNA.O , Chief Executive Officer Jalal Bagherli said. Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich is among the sellers of a copper project in Baimskaya, Russia, that Kaz Minerals KAZ.L said it has agreed to buy for $900 million. Billionaire Philip Day is in the early stages of a potential bid for British retailer House of Fraser to save it from collapse, Sky News reported citing sources. Buyout firms TPG TPG.L and KKR & Co KKR.N have emerged as leading contenders to run Dubai-based private equity firm Abraaj's troubled $1 billion healthcare fund, three sources familiar with the matter said. Private equity group CVC CVC.UL has abandoned talks with Ingenico INGC.PA over a potential buyout of the French payments group, amid a frenzy of deals in the sector, people close to the matter said. Keystone XL pipeline operator TransCanada Corp TRP.TO reported an 11 percent drop in quarterly profit and said it would sell its majority stake in Cartier wind power facilities in Quebec for about C$630 million ($484 million). Cisco Systems Inc CSCO.O said on Thursday it would buy Duo Security, a venture capital-backed cyber security company, for $2.35 billion in cash, as part of its push to expand into a faster growing area of software than its core business. Murray & Robert's MURJ.J biggest shareholder ATON has won an appeal from regulators, allowing it to block the construction firm's proposed merger with peer Aveng AEGJ.J , Murray & Roberts said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.