Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
(Adds Comcast, Twenty-First Century Fox, Calsonic Kansei, Bidcorp, Poste Italiane, AIG, Inercom, Paper Excellence)
Sept 21 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday:
** Comcast CMCSA.O and Twenty-First Century Fox FOXA.O face a quick-fire auction for British broadcaster Sky SKYB.L on Saturday after neither side backed down in a drawn-out $34 billion battle. Adobe Systems Inc ADBE.O has agreed to buy Marketo Inc for $4.75 billion from private equity firm Vista Equity Partners Management, adding heft to its cloud-based digital marketing business. Hong Kong's CK Infrastructure Holdings Ltd 1038.HK , leading a A$12.98 billion ($9.46 billion) bid for Australia's biggest gas pipeline operator APA Group APA.AX , has rejected suggestions that it is subject to influence from Beijing. Calsonic Kansei has lined up around 5 billion euros ($5.9 billion) in financing from Japanese banks to fund its proposed acquisition of Fiat Chrysler's FCHA.MI unit Magneti Marelli, four sources familiar with the matter said. Buyout group Lone Star is considering a stock market flotation of German building materials maker Xella which it bought in 2016 for 2.2 billion euros ($2.6 billion), three people close to the matter said. Royal Dutch Shell (LON: RDSa ) Plc RDSa.AS is in talks to sell its assets in a Gulf of Mexico oilfield to Focus Oil to pay for its takeover of BG Group Plc, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with matter. Medical equipment company Medtronic (NYSE: MDT ) Plc MDT.N will acquire Israel-based Mazor Robotics MZOR.TA for about $1.64 billion in an all-cash deal, or $1.34 billion net of Medtronic's existing stake in Mazor, the companies said. Real estate investment trust Propertylink Group PLG.AX said the Australian arm of real estate developer ESR Group had made a A$693.2 million ($504.9 million) takeover offer for the company. Ride-hailing company Uber Technologies Inc UBER.UL is in early talks to buy food delivery company Deliveroo, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter. International food distributor Bid Corporation Ltd (Bidcorp) BIDJ.J said the prospective buyer for its UK logistics business is no longer interested in buying it, citing internal reasons. Poste Italiane PST.MI is looking to increase its stake in payments services group SIA to nearly 50 percent to boost its presence in the fast-growing digital payments sector, two sources close to the matter said. American International Group Inc (NYSE: AIG ) AIG.N said the insurer will acquire Glatfelter Insurance Group, a York, Pennsylvania-based insurance broker. Netherlands-based Paper Excellence will argue in arbitration over its attempted takeover of Brazil's Eldorado Brasil Celulose SA that surging pulp prices played a big part in Eldorado's owners canceling the deal, according to documents seen by Reuters and two people with knowledge of the matter. Bulgarian energy producer Inercom said it has divested its solar energy business to clear regulatory objections to its takeover of the Bulgarian assets of Czech utility CEZ CEZP.PR
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or