(Adds Constellation Brands, Yandex, Weir, Providence Service Corp)
Oct 22 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Monday:
** Constellation Brands Inc (NYSE: STZ ) STZ.N , the U.S. producer of Corona and Modelo beers, is looking to sell some of its U.S.-based wine brands, in a deal that could be worth more than $3 billion, according to four people familiar with the matter. Providence Service Corp PRSC.O , the largest provider of non-emergency medical transportation services in the United States, is exploring a sale after attracting interest from private equity firms, three people familiar with the matter said. Shares in Russian search engine Yandex YNDX.MM fell after a report from the Interfax news agency said the government was proposing to limit foreign ownership in online news aggregators to 20 percent. British engineer Weir WEIR.L has launched the sale of its flow control business in a move that could value the supplier of pumps and valves at more than 300 million pounds ($389 million), according to sources with knowledge of the matter. European Union antitrust regulators will rule by Nov. 27 whether to clear U.S. battery maker Energizer Holdings' ENR.N $2-billion bid for Spectrum Brands' SPB.N battery and portable lighting business. American Railcar Industries Inc ARII.O , majority-owned by billionaire investor Carl Icahn, is selling itself to ITE Rail Fund in a $1.75 billion deal including debt, the company said. The head of Telefonica (MC: TEF ) Deutschland O2Dn.DE called for EU regulators to block Vodafone's VOD.L planned acquisition of Liberty Global LBTYA.O , saying it would lead to a "quasi-monopolisation" of the German cable TV market. Japan's Calsonic Kansei, owned by U.S. private equity firm KKR KKR.N , has agreed to buy Fiat Chrysler's FCHA.MI Magneti Marelli for 6.2 billion euros ($7.1 billion) to form the seventh-largest independent car parts supplier. U.S. firm Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (NYSE: JEC ) JEC.N has agreed to sell its energy, chemicals and resources business to WorleyParsons WOR.AX for $3.3 billion, in a deal that will double the size of the Australian engineering services firm. Blackstone (NYSE: BX ) Group BX.N has agreed a deal to acquire Ulterra Drilling Technologies, a manufacturer of drill bits and downhole tools for the oil and gas industry, for around $700 million, two sources familiar with the matter said. Sony Corp 6758.T has not offered concessions to European Union antitrust regulators reviewing its $2.3 billion offer for control of EMI to become the world's largest music publisher, the European Commission website showed. National Bank of Bahrain NATB.BH is weighing an acquisition of shares in Bahrain Islamic Bank BISB.BH , the company said in a disclosure. Rallye GENC.PA , the holding company that controls French supermarket retailer Casino CASP.PA , has received an offer for its 'Courir' sports brand, with both companies keen to sell assets and cut debts that have concerned some investors.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.