(Adds Wabco, Deutsche Bank , EnBW, Deutsche Bahn; Updates Japan Exchange Group )
March 28 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1400 GMT on Thursday:
** U.S. auto parts maker Wabco Holdings Inc WBC.N confirmed it would sell itself to German rival ZF Friedrichshafen ZFF.UL for over $7 billion. Deutsche Bank DBKGn.DE said it was too early to assess the need for capital if it were to merge with Commerzbank CBKG.DE . EnBW EBKG.DE unveiled a 12-billion euro ($13.5 billion) investment plan and said it was close to acquiring French renewable group Valeco, as the German utility continues its strategy of moving away from fossil fuels. Germany's state-owned railway operator Deutsche Bahn DBN.UL is still weighing options for its British-based Arriva DBAHNA.UL division including a complete or partial sale or a listing, the company's finance chief said. Japan Exchange Group (JPX) 8697.T , owner of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, said it would take over the Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM) to create an all-in-one bourse that would attract more international traders and investors. Private equity houses Hellman & Friedman and Blackstone (NYSE: BX ) launched a tender to buy Scout24 G24n.DE , saying they supported acquisitions by the German cars-to-property classifieds group to expand the business. Debenhams' DEB.L bondholders have agreed to change the terms of some of their bonds, moving the ailing British department store group closer to a refinancing deal that could thwart a bid from Mike Ashley's Sports Direct (LON: SPD ) and wipe out shareholders. Steinhoff SNHJ.J has sold a majority stake in its South African auto dealerships unit, it said, days after selling its stake in a local industrial group to shore up its finances following a devastating accounting fraud. Infosys Ltd INFY.NS , India's second-biggest IT services company, said it would buy a 75 percent stake in ABN AMRO Group NV's ABNd.AS mortgage administration services unit for 127.5 million euros ($143.5 million). Singapore Technologies Engineering STEG.SI will buy Belgium-based satellite equipment maker Newtec Group NV for 250 million euros ($281.2 million). Nissan Motor Co 7201.T CEO Hiroto Saikawa said he was not aware of discussions about the possibility that its French partner Renault SA RENA.PA was considering a bid for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles FCHA.MI .
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.