Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
(Adds Harris Corp (NYSE: HRS ), EP Global Commerce)
June 21 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2045 GMT on Friday:
** EP Global Commerce, an acquisition vehicle owned by Czech and Slovak investors, is making a takeover offer for German retailer Metro B4B.DE that values the company at 5.8 billion euros ($6.60 billion), it said. Military communication equipment provider Harris Corp HRS.N has won European Union approval for the acquisition of L3 Technologies Inc LLL.N , on the condition that Harris sells its night vision global business, the EU Commission said. South African mobile phone operator Vodacom Group Ltd VODJ.J said it had entered into agreements to sell some of its Business Africa operations, which offer business-managed services to enterprises. Qatari investment fund Mayhoola will buy a 43.91% share in Turkey's Boyner Perakende BOYP.IS , owned by Boyner Holding and the Boyner Family, for $405 million per an agreement in May, the company said, at $1.40 per share. UnitedHealth Group Inc (NYSE: UNH ) UNH.N has agreed to buy healthcare payments firm Equian LLC from its private-equity owner New Mountain Capital for about $3.2 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter. Chevron Phillips Chemical Co LP, a joint venture between Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) CVX.N and Phillips 66 (NYSE: PSX ) PSX.N , has offered to acquire Nova Chemicals Corp for more than $15 billion including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday. Puma Energy, the retail and storage arm of commodities trader Trafigura, has hired Bank of America Merrill Lynch (NYSE: BAC ) to run the sale of some of its assets, sources familiar with the matter said, in an effort to trim debt.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or