Oct 7 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Monday:
** Eddie Stobart Logistics Plc ESLE.L said on DBAY Advisors Limited, its third-largest shareholder, has been granted more time to make a firm takeover offer for the haulage company, and that their talks are ongoing. Packaging firm Liqui-Box Corp agreed to sell its bag-in-box business to Peak Packaging to comply with requirements from Britain's competition watchdog over the U.S.-based company's takeover of DS Smith's SMDS.L plastics business. South Africa's Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd (Implats) IMPJ.J said it would buy Canada-based North American Palladium Ltd PDL.TO for about C$1 billion ($751.77 million), marking the miner's first purchase outside of Africa. German utilities EnBW EBKG.DE and RheinEnergie RHEI.UL have decided to sell their holdings in regional peer MVV Energie MVVGn.DE , MVV said. Canada's Knight Terapeutics GUD.TO and Brazilian pharmaceuticals company Eurofarma are interested in acquiring control of Brazilian pharmaceutical company Biotoscana Investments SA GBIO33.SA , one source with knowledge of the matter said. Mexican telecommunications firm America Movil is not negotiating with Spain's Telefonica SA TEF.MC and Telecom Italia SpA TLIT.MI about making a joint bid for assets of Brazilian telecoms firm Oi SA, a company spokesman said. Germany's Merck KGaA MRCG.DE said it had completed its acquisition of Versum Materials VSM.N , adding that it expected Versum to contribute around 270 million euros ($296.76 million) to group revenues by the end of the year. A subsidiary of Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund has acquired 49% of consulting firm Richard Attias & Associates (RAA), Saudi financial news website Maaal reported. Malaysian sovereign wealth fund Khazanah Nasional Bhd KHAZA.UL is not interested in selling PLUS Malaysia Bhd, the country's biggest expressway toll firm, its managing director said in comments following media reports of interested parties. Japan's JERA Co has acquired a 22% stake in Summit Power International for $330 million, the companies said, to enable the establishment of major energy infrastructure projects in Bangladesh. Chip designer Dialog Semiconductor DLGS.DE said it agreed to buy Germany's Creative Chips as part of its push into low-energy connectivity used for devices in the internet of things (IoT). Occidental Petroleum Corp (NYSE: OXY ) OXY.N has put plans to divest part of its ownership in pipeline operator Western Midstream Partners WES.N on hold until next year, after failing to attract an offer it deemed attractive, people familiar with the matter said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.