Finland shares higher at close of trade; OMX Helsinki 25 up 0.37%
Investing.com – Finland equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Utilities , Telecoms and Consumer Services sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Helsinki, the OMX Helsinki 25 rose 0.37% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Helsinki 25 were Fortum Oyj (HE: FORTUM ), which rose 1.97% or 0.37 points to trade at 19.12 at the close. Kesko Oyj (HE: KESKOB ) added 1.87% or 0.94 points to end at 51.30 and Elisa Oyj (HE: ELISA ) was up 1.63% or 0.62 points to 38.56 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wartsila Oyj Abp (HE: WRT1V ), which lost 1.12% or 0.16 points to trade at 14.16 in late trade. Neste Oil Oyj (HE: NESTE ) declined 0.91% or 0.72 points to end at 78.20 and Outokumpu Oyj (HE: OUT1V ) shed 0.74% or 0.0290 points to 3.8770.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 78 to 75 and 15 ended unchanged on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for March delivery was down 0.55% or 0.34 to $60.98 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.90% or 0.47 to hit $51.84 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.20% or 2.65 to trade at $1291.15 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.10% to 1.1386, while EUR/GBP fell 0.62% to 0.8790.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 95.778.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or