Finland shares higher at close of trade; OMX Helsinki 25 up 1.21%
Investing.com – Finland equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Utilities , Oil & Gas and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Helsinki, the OMX Helsinki 25 gained 1.21% to hit a new 3-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Helsinki 25 were Metso Oyj (HE: METSO ), which rose 5.40% or 1.41 points to trade at 27.54 at the close. DNA Oyj (HE: DNAO ) added 4.93% or 0.8300 points to end at 17.6700 and Fortum Oyj (HE: FORTUM ) was up 3.39% or 0.69 points to 21.06 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Telia Company AB (HE: TELIA1 ), which lost 0.50% or 0.019 points to trade at 3.802 in late trade. Amer Sports Corporation (HE: AMEAS ) declined 0.46% or 0.18 points to end at 39.35 and Elisa Oyj (HE: ELISA ) shed 0.32% or 0.12 points to 37.18.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 104 to 44 and 16 ended unchanged on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for April delivery was up 0.98% or 0.61 to $62.59 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.60% or 0.32 to hit $53.98 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.21% or 2.75 to trade at $1316.45 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.31% to 1.1377, while EUR/GBP fell 0.37% to 0.8782.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 96.018.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or