Finland shares higher at close of trade; OMX Helsinki 25 up 1.70%
Investing.com – Finland equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Basic Materials , Utilities and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Helsinki, the OMX Helsinki 25 rose 1.70%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Helsinki 25 were Outotec Oyj (HE: OTE1V ), which rose 10.69% or 0.389 points to trade at 4.029 at the close. Metsa Board Oyj B (HE: METSB ) added 4.04% or 0.295 points to end at 7.595 and Outokumpu Oyj (HE: OUT1V ) was up 3.88% or 0.1470 points to 3.9400 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Orion Oyj B (HE: ORNBV ), which lost 1.27% or 0.38 points to trade at 29.61 in late trade. Telia Company AB (HE: TELIA1 ) added 0.22% or 0.009 points to end at 4.014 and Sampo Oyj A (HE: SAMPO ) gained 0.82% or 0.33 points to 40.62.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 113 to 40 and 10 ended unchanged on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for January delivery was down 0.23% or 0.17 to $72.72 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.74% or 0.47 to hit $63.22 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.23% or 2.80 to trade at $1233.20 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.22% to 1.1383, while EUR/GBP rose 0.11% to 0.8779.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 96.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or