At the close in Helsinki, the OMX Helsinki 25 declined 0.79%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Helsinki 25 were Wartsila Oyj Abp (HE: WRT1V ), which rose 2.44% or 0.40 points to trade at 16.80 at the close. Outotec Oyj (HE: OTE1V ) added 0.90% or 0.058 points to end at 6.518 and Konecranes ABP (HE: KCRA ) was up 0.60% or 0.21 points to 35.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Elisa Oyj (HE: ELISA ), which lost 9.22% or 3.82 points to trade at 37.60 in late trade. Stora Enso Oyj R (HE: STERV ) declined 1.57% or 0.265 points to end at 16.575 and Huhtamaki Oyj (HE: HUH1V ) shed 1.55% or 0.48 points to 30.53.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 71 to 64 and 24 ended unchanged on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for September delivery was up 1.25% or 0.93 to $75.38 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.87% or 0.61 to hit $70.94 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.36% or 4.50 to trade at $1242.10 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.01% to 1.1670, while EUR/GBP fell 0.06% to 0.8832.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 94.58.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.