The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ), which rose 3.61% or 1.14 points to trade at 32.71 at the close. Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) added 1.73% or 0.335 points to end at 19.755 and Danone SA (PA: DANO ) was up 1.38% or 0.92 points to 67.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which lost 6.85% or 1.48 points to trade at 20.14 in late trade. Accor SA (PA: ACCP ) declined 3.69% or 1.48 points to end at 38.58 and BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) shed 2.28% or 0.97 points to 41.59.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which rose 24.18% to 2.152, Groupe FNAC (PA: FNAC ) which was up 7.01% to settle at 70.250 and Wendel (PA: MWDP ) which gained 6.54% to close at 110.80.
The worst performers were Eramet SA (PA: ERMT ) which was down 16.32% to 51.80 in late trade, TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which lost 6.85% to settle at 20.14 and Iliad (PA: ILD ) which was down 5.78% to 87.70 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 296 to 285 and 81 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 0.75% to 14.34.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.42% or 19.15 to $1328.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.58% or 0.33 to hit $56.83 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.37% or 0.25 to trade at $66.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.03% to 1.1332, while EUR/GBP rose 0.06% to 0.8690.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 96.498.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.