The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ), which rose 2.21% or 0.47 points to trade at 21.74 at the close. Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) added 1.38% or 1.55 points to end at 113.65 and Lafargeholcim Ltd (PA: LHN ) was up 1.13% or 0.51 points to 45.82 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ), which lost 2.50% or 2.46 points to trade at 95.87 in late trade. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) declined 0.91% or 0.23 points to end at 25.13 and Essilor International Compagnie Generale d’Optique SA (PA: ESSI ) shed 0.75% or 0.85 points to 112.00.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Genfit (PA: GNFT ) which rose 8.68% to 25.300, Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was up 3.49% to settle at 32.000 and Amundi SA (PA: AMUN ) which gained 2.76% to close at 66.24.
The worst performers were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 3.66% to 1.580 in late trade, Spie SA (PA: SPIE ) which lost 2.64% to settle at 19.530 and Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ) which was down 2.50% to 95.87 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 320 to 250 and 92 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 1.63% to 13.52.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.23% or 3.00 to $1321.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 1.32% or 0.82 to hit $61.22 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.99% or 0.65 to trade at $64.84 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.17% to 1.2329, while EUR/GBP fell 0.11% to 0.8871.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 89.94.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.