The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which rose 1.30% or 1.45 points to trade at 113.35 at the close. Accor SA (PA: ACCP ) added 1.17% or 0.51 points to end at 44.15 and Cap Gemini SA (PA: CAPP ) was up 1.17% or 1.20 points to 103.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Renault SA (PA: RENA ), which lost 2.43% or 2.40 points to trade at 96.35 in late trade. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) declined 1.35% or 0.32 points to end at 23.30 and Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) shed 1.13% or 0.22 points to 19.76.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which rose 3.37% to 14.11, DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was up 2.32% to settle at 39.620 and GTT (PA: GTT ) which gained 2.21% to close at 53.20.
The worst performers were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 3.07% to 1.263 in late trade, Nexans (PA: NEXS ) which lost 2.95% to settle at 40.83 and Nexity (PA: NEXI ) which was down 2.70% to 52.25 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 307 to 247 and 99 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 2.78% to 16.01.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.20% or 2.70 to $1338.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 2.11% or 1.31 to hit $63.37 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 2.07% or 1.39 to trade at $68.50 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.35% to 1.2324, while EUR/GBP rose 0.01% to 0.8716.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.31% at 89.54.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.