The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Renault SA (PA: RENA ), which rose 1.96% or 1.43 points to trade at 74.52 at the close. LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) added 1.87% or 5.65 points to end at 308.25 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) was up 1.81% or 0.71 points to 39.99 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ), which lost 1.34% or 0.50 points to trade at 36.93 in late trade. Total SA (PA: TOTF ) declined 1.12% or 0.62 points to end at 54.80 and Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) shed 0.95% or 0.35 points to 36.55.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which rose 6.48% to 82.95, Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which was up 4.17% to settle at 54.90 and Renault SA (PA: RENA ) which gained 1.96% to close at 74.52.
The worst performers were Ingenico Group (PA: INGC ) which was down 3.20% to 65.44 in late trade, Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which lost 2.05% to settle at 8.850 and Solocal Group SA (PA: LOCAL ) which was down 1.88% to 1.043 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 284 to 283 and 103 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 0.40% to 12.58.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.16% or 1.90 to $1214.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.71% or 0.49 to hit $68.38 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.31% or 0.24 to trade at $76.26 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.31% to 1.1714, while EUR/GBP rose 0.34% to 0.9093.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 94.49.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.